Letter from Ukraine

This blog is intended to communicate my experiences while in Poltava, Ukraine during Spring 2010 as a Fulbright Lecturer.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

A day of shashlik and nature

A Saturday outing on the grounds of the beautiful campus of the A. Makarenko Boarding School for gifted students in the village of Kovalivka, between Poltava and Kharkiv. It was a total surprise for me as I was anticipating a guided tour of the Poltava History Museum.

My first (and likely last - at least for a while) walk in the natural beauty of the region; shashlik (outdoor grilling or barbecue) with a great variety of excellent local foods and fresh vegetables. Many toasts, as well, as this was more-or-less my farewell feast on my final weekend in Poltava. Lots of pictures of the grounds and food, and the fine folks who made it all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment