Letter from Ukraine

This blog is intended to communicate my experiences while in Poltava, Ukraine during Spring 2010 as a Fulbright Lecturer.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Food

For some reason many friends and family members have asked what it is that I eat here. So I figured I would accomodate these requests by, once and for all, revealing what it is that I have found to survive on in edible provisions. I have already revealed what there is to imbibe: beer and vodka; as the water is likely unsafe from the tap, I make coffee with beer ... odd combination that takes some getting used to. Anyway as you can see from this photo, it is very easy to get all food groups from the three items depicted: dairy, meats, and legumes. Since nuts also provide some roughage, I figure with these three items I have it all covered. Mmmm ... Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment